Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 is the quad-core variant of the popular Galaxy Grand. Due to the increased number of quad-core devices by various companies including Micromax, Samsung realized the market and launched a quad-core smartphone in sub 20k segment. The Galaxy Grand Quattro comes with 4.7-inch screen unlike 5-inch screen present in Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone.
For those users who bought the Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 smartphone might look forward to the customizations in the OS of their smartphone. In this guide, we’re going to tell you the procedure to root your Galaxy Grand Quattro easily in few steps. The process is easy, and after the rooting, you will be able to install any app which requires rooting access. We will be even telling you in next posts, about flashing various custom ROM firmware, in our upcoming tutorials. In this tutorial you will learn both rooting and unrooting methods of your smartphone.
Disclaimer: The rooting is a risky process, and it voids the warranty. Hence, you will need to unroot the device, if you will need to claim the warranty in future. This tutorial comes without any warranty or liability, though steps crafted with proper care. Neither AndroidWeblog.com nor Developer should be held responsible, if your device will be end up as damaged or bricked by performing the steps mentioned in this tutorial.
Table of Contents
- Download the Latest Samsung Drivers. After downloading the drivers, also make sure that you have available Samsung Phones compatible data cable. Before you proceed with the process, the data cable should be kept alongside since it is necessary in between the process.
- If it the first time when you have connected your Samsung Phone to computer, then it should install the drivers automatically, just you need to allow windows to Automatically Install the Drivers for your smartphone.
- Make sure to check that battery should be left minimum of 70% before starting the process, since device should not be get sudden shut down/ turn off due to power failure in between the process, since it can damage your device.
- Disable all the Antivirus and Firewall in your Computer, because they can create some unwanted conflict while process is running, so it is always a good idea to disable them until process gets finished smoothly.
- Navigate to the Settings>Developers and then check the option USB Debugging to turn on the same.
- Backup SMS, Contacts and others data for safety purpose of your valuable data.
If you’ve followed the aforementioned requirements, and ready to proceed with the procedure, then move on to the below mentioned steps which we’ve summed up with care.
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 Smartphone
Step 1: Firstly, you must download Download Framaroot APK to your computer. Download Link.
Step 2: After file has been downloaded in the PC, now it’s time to connect the phone to the computer (make sure that you’ve installed Drivers.)
Step 3: Navigate and browse the SD card of the phone, then copy and paste the file downloaded in Step 1.
Step 4: Next, just provide the permission to install the apps from the sources other than Google Play. Go to Menu>Settings>Unknown Sources (ON).
Step 5: Navigate the file (Framaroot APK) through File Manager, and then just apk to install the application.
Step 6: Once Framaroot APK is running in the smartphone, follow all of the on-screen instructions.
Step 7: After the installation gets finished, you need to select the action after root, which you should select as Install superuser or Install SU.
Step 8: Now, here comes the final step, Select an exploit, from the list to root the devices as GANDALF. The process would take just 2-5 seconds and your will get ‘Success’ message.
Step 9: Reboot the smartphone, and now you will get superuser and su binary installed in the smartphone.
Congratulations! Now you have successful rooted the Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 smartphone. Kindly note that while restarting the device, the message might be displayed on the screen, which reads ‘Updating you android system’. Don’t be panic, just relax and everything all right and your device has been rooted.
UnRoot Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552
Step 1: Run the ‘Framaroot’ app.
Step 2: Now, you must select the action to execute after root as UNROOT.
Step 3: Select an exploit, from the list to root the devices as GANDALF. The process would take just 2-5 seconds and your will get ‘Success’ message. This will unroot your device after the reboot. Congratulations! You’ve successfully unrooted your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 device, and now you can claim it’s warranty.
We will soon tell you the procedure to install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) in your Galaxy Grand Quattro. We hope the process was smooth for you, and if you have faced any issue, please do lets know in comments below.