Samsung Galaxy Mega is device designed for those, who feel the screen of Samsung Galaxy Note series phones not enough. For those who require bigger screen, Samsung recently launched Galaxy Mega smartphone, which comes with largest 6.3-inch screen. It runs Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and runs on 1.7 GHz dual-core processor, which makes it a powerful device.
If youve purchased the Samsung Galaxy Mega Smartphone, then you probably might be wondering for most of the development stuff, including CWM and rooting method for same. Interestingly, the XDA member ‘Sarath280’ has posted a method to root and then install CWM (ClockworkMod) Touch recovery on the smartphone. After rooting and installing CWM, you will able to install any apps on your phone. Even, you will find it easy to flash any custom ROM firmware on your device. If you’re interested to root your Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9152, then just follow our easy Tutorial below.
Disclaimer: The rooting is a risky process, and it voids the warranty. Hence, you will need to unroot the device, if you will need to claim the warranty in future. Neither AndroidWeblog.com nor Developer should be held responsible, if your device will be end up as damaged or bricked by performing the steps mentioned in this tutorial.
- Download the Latest Samsung Drivers. After downloading the drivers, also make sure that you have available Samsung Phones compatible data cable. Before you proceed with the process, the data cable should be kept alongside since it is necessary in between the process.
- If it the first time when you have connected your Samsung Phone to computer, then it should install the drivers automatically, just you need to allow windows to Automatically Install the Drivers for your smartphone.
- Make sure to check that battery should be left minimum of 70% before starting the process, since device should not be get sudden shut down/ turn off due to power failure in between the process, since it can damage your device.
- Disable all the Antivirus and Firewall in your Computer, because they can create some unwanted conflict while process is running, so it is always a good idea to disable them until process gets finished smoothly.
- Navigate to the Settings>Developers and then check the option USB Debugging to turn on the same.
Now, proceed with the steps to root the Samsung Galaxy Mega device, if you’ve followed everything aforementioned. Please note that installation of CWM recovery is mandatory to Root the device, hence i have summarized tutorial accordingly.
Steps to Root & Install CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery Touch in Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I9152
Part 1 (Install ClockworkMod Recovery Touch)
Step 1: First of all, download all the required files required in the procedure.
Download these files: Odin v3.07 | CWM Touch Recovery | Stock Recovery | Update-SuperSU-v1.34.zip
Follow the Download Link.
Step 2: Now, launch the Odin v3.07.exe (Make sure to extract the file downloaded in Step 1 and then browse and run the file).
Step 3: Next, once Odin interface opens up on the screen, browse and locate recovery.tar.md5 with PDA checked.
Step 4: After selecting the file in Step 3, just click on option Start and wait the procedure to finish up for you.
Step 5: To check if CWM recovery if installed successfully, you can go to the CWM recovery to verify successful installation after process got finished and you got ‘Pass’ message. To go to the CWM, just press Volume Up + Home + Power simultaneously.
Step 6: You need to make sure that on the Odin interface, the options of Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are checked/ selected. You need to uncheck the option ‘Re-Partition’ and other option as well.
Part 2: Root the Device
Step 7: Now, download UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip from the download link provided in Step 1.
Step 8: Next, boot the phone into the CWM Recovery mode using the method I have mentioned in Step 5.
Step 9: Once, the phone is in CWM mode, then just select install zip from sd card and select the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file. As I have said, CWM recovery is must before doing rooting.
Congratulations! Now you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy Mega GTI9152, and installed CWM Recovery Touch on the phone. If you’ve faced any issue while process, do lets know in comments.